Individual arrival in the residential city. You will get to know the numerous sights such as the Marienberg Fortress, the Residence or the old Main Bridge on a tour.
The Altmühl runs through fantastic landscapes. On this cycling holiday, spacious forest and meadow landscapes determine the character of the upper reaches. In the Altmühltal Nature Park, narrow valleys and bizarre rock formations characterize the landscape. Medieval towns and castles bear witness to an eventful past. You cycle on forest paths and small country roads through hilly forests into the Tauber Valley and there along the river on leisurely paths.
- Good value for money
- Tour incl. hotels and luggage transport
- Extensive route booklet & GPS data
- Top brand rental bikes bookable
- Over 30 years of experience
You leave Würzburg on the Aalbach cycle path and return to the Main near Bettingen. Now it is not far to Wertheim. The castle ruins tower over the small winding streets of the old town. In Tauberbischofsheim the historic old town is worth seeing. Stroll through the impressive pedestrian zone.
You follow the Romantic Road to Bad Mergentheim and should visit the moated castle in Weikersheim before you get to Rothenburg. Immerse yourself in the bygone days of this historic place with a night watchman tour.
You cycle through the upper Altmühltal to Herrieden, where you can still feel the medieval atmosphere. Before you reach Gunzenhausen, the wonderful Altmühlsee invites you to take a dip in the cool water.
The Altmühltal nature park opens up a landscape of unique beauty. In Eichstätt marvel at the baroque splendor of the former prince-bishop town.
Your path leads past the lock system of the Rhine-Main-Danube Canal near Dietfurt. In order to shorten the route to approx. 55 km, there is the option of reserving a transfer from Dietfurt to Riedenburg on site (on your own, details with the travel documents). A great collection of treasures from the realm of crystals and precious stones can be found in the Crystal Museum in Riedenburg.
One of the most popular photo motifs in the Altmühltal can be found in Essing. The ensemble of the two-storey Bruckturm and the 46 meter long wooden bridge. In Kelheim you should visit the Liberation Hall before you cycle to the medieval city of Regensburg. Embark on an interesting journey through the UNESCO World Heritage City.
After breakfast departure on your own.
- Overnight stay in the desired category
- Breakfast Buffet
- Luggage transport (NO limit on the number of pieces of luggage) daily between 9.00 a.m. and 17.30 p.m
- well prepared travel documents
- Rental bike full protection insurance
- Admission to the Crystal Museum in Riedenburg
- Night watchman tour in Rothenburg (only for cat. II & II+)
- 1 cup of coffee + dessert in Eichstätt (only for cat. II+)
- GPS data on request
- 7-day service hotline
Travel prices 2023
|Price in € per person *||Cat I||Cat II||Cat II+|
|Double room including breakfast||€659||€759||€899|
|Single room including breakfast||€879||€1029||€1249|
From 20.04.2023/16.05.2023 to XNUMX
- €219,00 surcharge in Cat. I
- €229,00 surcharge in Cat. II
- €299,00 surcharge in cat. II+
From 17.05.2023/16.09.2023 to XNUMX
- €239,00 surcharge in Cat. I
- €259,00 surcharge in Cat. II
- €359,00 surcharge in Cat. I / single room
From 17.09.2023/30.09.2023 to XNUMX
- €179,00 surcharge in Cat. I
- €189,00 surcharge in Cat. II
- €239,00 surcharge in cat. II+
- 24-speed unisex wheels with freewheel - €89,00
- Electric rental bike with luggage bag - €209,00
Note: All prices are per person.
Double room (DR)
Single room (SR)
Double room (DR)
Single room (SR)
Train: to Würzburg train station / from Regensburg train station
Return transfer Regensburg-Würzburg:daily 9 a.m., approx. 3 hours. For more information, see the "Prices" tab.
Rooms with shower/toilet or bath/toilet
Cat I: good inns and middle-class hotels in the 3-star level
Category II: good to very good inns and comfort hotels in the 3 and 4 star category
Category II+: comfortable, very good 4-star hotels
Visitor's tax, city tax or cultural tax, which is not included in the travel price, is EUR 2,00-3,00 per person/night, payable locally.
Not included: Arrival and departure, transfers, excursions, entrance and sightseeing fees, city maps, ferry fees, insurance, tips and personal expenses