- Very good value for money
- Tours including hotels and luggage transport
- Extensive route books & GPS data
- Top brand rental bikes bookable
- Over 30 years of experience
Bike tours at the Ilm
- From the Thuringian Forest to the vineyards Ilm, Saale and Unstrut
- 123 km quality cycle path with ADAC 4 stars
- Culture after culture like Goethe cities Weimar, Ilmenau and Bad Berka
- Thuringian cuisine, good beer and fine wines
Discover the Ilm-Bike path
You spend eventful days on the Ilmvalley bike path! Your bike tour starts where the Ilm originates: near the Rennsteig. With a lot of "altitude air" in your lungs, you roll down through the Ilmvalley into the wide Thuringian countryside. On the way you can expect varied driving fun - accompanied by old defiant castles, the church in the village, historical parks that Goethe already knew in Weimar, Ilmenau and Bad Berka. You will find history and culture everywhere, museums provide information about what has happened and what is worth knowing, and of course in particular about Weimar Classicism.
If you want, you can extend your cycle tour and start from the mouth of the Ilm continue on to the Saale cycle path in the Saale. A jump into the Unstruttal shouldn't be missed either. Enjoy the mild climate of the Saale-Unstrut wine region and a good drop of wine from young and old vintners from their cellars and vineyards. Are you interested in Ilm-Bike path? Then we recommend the Thuringian City Chain cycle tour. Please feel free to take a look at the offer and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us here.
What's on the Ilm- Cycle path to discover?
From the history of Goethe to impressive castles such as Apolda Castle or Blankenhain Castle, everything a cultural heart desires can be discovered.
- Ilmenau – Goethe City Museum:
- Stutzerbach – Glass and Goethe Museum
- Kranichfeld – Baumbachhaus (poet from Hoch on the yellow wagon)
- Buchfart – mill and mill shop and rock caves
- Blankenhain – Blankenhain Castle
- Mellingen - Feininger Tower
- Weimar – Goethe, Goethe and again Goethe, the City Palace, Duchess Amalia Library, Bauhaus, Liszt House and much more.
- IlmValley Wine Route, village church and Ulrichshalben cultural asset
- Apolda – Apolda Castle, Bell Museum, Apolda Art House
- Denstedt mill
- Eberstedt - historical oil mill with shop and floating hut village
- Bad Sulza - Goethe's garden house 2, saltworks and local history museum
- Darnstedt – 2 brine towers
- Auerstedt (not only the battle at ... but ) a willow rod palace
- Bad Sulza - historic inhalatorium, Tuscany thermal baths and the drinking hall
- Goethe house at Kiekelhahn near Gabelbach
- Kranichfeld Castle
- Weimar Park on the Ilm with Goethe's garden house
- Bauhaus museum
Additional services included - for a relaxed Ilm-Cycling tour
With our exclusive bike tours we offer you convenient additional services at no extra cost to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We take care of your physical, physical and mental well-being and ensure that you experience an unforgettable holiday.
Comfortable accommodations Ilm Bike path
All hotels are clean and well-groomed and have one shower or bath. In all accommodation you will receive a rich breakfast. So you start the day well nourished and can look forward to your daily excursions.
Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
So that you can travel freely throughout the day, we transport your luggage from hotel to hotel. So you don't have to worry and enjoy the fantastically beautiful nature in all ease.
Individual bike tour on the Ilm
All bike tours are individual trips without a guide. So you have no stress and cycle the stages at your own pace. Take breaks according to your taste. This gives you the opportunity to stay longer in certain places and to stroll through the numerous towns. Enjoy your bike tour to the fullest!
Travel documents with tips for daily planning
In our extensive travel documents you will find detailed suggestions and tips for planning the day. Of course, you can also completely deviate from it and plan something of your own. The only important thing is that you arrive at your destination or your accommodation in the evening.
Rent bikes and on the spot in case of breakdown
Of course you have the possibility Bicycles and e-bikes can be rented from us for a fee. In the event of a flat tire or other complications, we are always happy to help and advise you. You can reach us via our service hotline + 49 (0) 3831 30676-0.
A study by Thüringer Tourismus GmbH showed that the Ilmradweg is currently the most popular cycle path in Thuringia.